Saturday, December 19, 2009

My favorite shoes for the winter!

I decided when I was freezing in my heeled boots the other night that there has to be a pair of boots that are stylish and hot, but have shearling in them. These are definitely a great option by Tashkent by Cheyenne.



When I first saw these in person, I was so happy to finally find a pair of over-the-knee heeled boots that do not make you look like a hooker! When I saw them at a boutique in Florida, I wanted them so badly I almost cried... The leather is so soft I couldn't stop petting it. I need these in my life. Classic for a trendy item too. By Joie.

On the list of over-the-knee boots needs to be this cut-out pair. I love them for going out at night. They are by Alexandra Neel.




I have wanted a pair of menswear lace-up looking boots for a while now. Problem is that I am really curvy and tend to wear shapeless sweaters during the winter. The solution is buying a pair of embellished lace-up boots and wearing more girly items
to go with them so that you never look like a boy from far away... Also, if your boyfriend has a pair, never buy ones that look like his. Buy narrow boots so that your foot does not look more masculine also. I love these Frye studded ones. Rock on.

I have always wanted a pair of short cowboy/western inspired boots. Whether plain and vintage looking or embellished with studs, buckles, sequins, whatever just make sure that they are not too tight around the ankles to make you look like you have cankles or make your calves look big (because if they are large like mine, buying short boots is quite a challenge in its own because they make your calves appear larger than they are). These Janet & Janet and Jeffrey Campbell ones are my favorite. And when they get more worn, they will look even more vintage than they already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment