Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sexy Flat Shoes: Do they exist?

I am not extremely tall, but I am 5'8" so my boyfriend dreads when I wear my typical 4 inch heels, making me about 6'1"! I told him in the summer time if he can find me a sexy pair of flat shoes, I will wear them out with confidence. Result? No shoes yet... I am going to briefly talk about what makes flat shoes sexy enough to wear out at night.

1. The shoe must have a pointed toe. It does not have to be an obnoxious pointed toe, just more of a pointed toe than a round toe. This is important because a rounded toe gives off a more adorable, day-time vibe than a sexy look.

2. The shoe should have some toe cleavage. If there is too much toe cleavage, the toes look long and awkward, so only enough of a peek to look sexy.




3. I prefer a texture on the shoe to make them look expensive and then you can also wear simple clothing and let your shoes stand out. The ones I want are a python texture, but other fun textures include alligator, animal hair, tweed, etc.

4. If there is no texture, embellishments are a good choice too. I love zippers, studs, chains, rhinestones, etc. This gives the shoe an edge. Also, peep toe (in the summer and spring) and cut outs are always sexy.

5. I personally am not a huge fan of the strange kitten heels with flats. It makes you look like you are the type of girl who is not confident enough to wear heels. If there is a small heel, make sure it is in the form of a platform, wedge, or a heel that is hidden into the bottom of the shoe.

The flats posted are by Sam Edelman, Elizabeth and James, and Pour la Victoire.
I am going to post a few examples of flats that I think make the cut for a night out. Good luck finding the perfect flats- shop away!

No comments:

Post a Comment